Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Not The Most Gifted Athletes...

But we can run a 10k and here is our proof.


Well we didn't come in first...more like 8,607, but we all finished so that makes us winners!


So we totally thought we were in such great shape because at the beginning of the race everyone was walking and we were jogging through them all until we realized we hadn't even crossed the starting line yet. I guess everyone else didn't sign up for the 10.5k...more props to us!


I'm glad I brought the camera along to snag this great picture. I believe at this point we were more than half way done and still pumped! {This is Bianca speaking for myself...I must admit, I was not pumped. You can tell in the different faces I have in the first and the second picture here. Joseph was still so excited and all full of energy and all I could say to him is, "How are you not dying right now?! I usually always can run farther than him because I run more, but this day, he somehow had a ton of energy. I was very proud of him- he wasn't sure if he even wanted to do it. Now, he's talking me into doing the half marathon in Richmond! Way to go Joseph! It was a lot of fun- just a little rough for me at about mile 4 I think. I'm glad we did it.} Oh, and by the way I wasn't the only serious runner with a camera during the race.


Here we are at the finish line! Overall, it was a great experience and something I would for sure do again. For biacna this was her second 10k and I dont think her last. I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to run the whole way, seeing our training consisted of about 5 runs none of which I was able to run a mile without stopping and I think I maxed out at a 1 and a half. And yes there was talk of a half marathon in Richmond, but we havent run more than ten feet since the race, but who needs to train anyway.

{And a shout out to Mandy for running with us. We miss you and love you and are glad we could have shared that 10k experience with you! Joseph says that you get the award for most fashionable runner with the styln' $3 gucci glasses. :) }

5 comments:

Cristi said...

Yes...i love that Mandy ran in those shades!!! Yah after eating two blocks of cheese a day in Venezuela without working out, I could use running a few 10ks. I am feeling pretty sluggish today now that we are home and have to go back to work! Booooo.

Nicole said...

Bianca! It looks like you guys had an awesome time in Columbia. What a cool experience. We have been talking to Brooks and Cristi and we definitely want all of us to go to South America together some time. I love what I have seen of it so far.
We are having fun in Boise and we love Cristi and Brooks, but the more we get to know them the more we wish you guys were here too! I hope all is going well for your internships and school. We miss you guys but have been listening to your CD!

Love,

Nicole

Hilda said...

That's awesome that you ran a 10K. Maybe next year we can run SLC Half Marathon...it's my favorite. Props to you for running while on "vacation". I haven't been running for like 4 months now...

holly jo said...

I bet the whole time you were running you were listening to this song..."and were running just as fast as we can, holdin on to one anothers hand...." then you would try to grab Mandy's hand, and she would say, "Gross, sweaty palms, you have such sweaty palms." That's cool. love you. GOOD JOB!

Abby said...

way to go guys! That looks kinda fun... ok maybe not fun.. but inspiring?