Sunday, August 24, 2008

There's no place like home...

Well, we're back now. And although the trip to Colombia was so amazing, it feels great to be back. Even just arriving to the airport, I found myself suddenly so excited about once perceived common luxuries such as drinking fountains and endless supplies of toilet paper in the bathroom (that is free mind you)! It was quite wonderful. We had "American" Chinese food in the airport on our layover and it was delicious! It will be a little while before I bust out the beans and rice I think. :)

Now Joseph has started school and we are just getting back into the swing of things. We're almost all the way moved back into our apartment. And I am currently studying for my certification exam and looking for jobs. Finding a "real" job is kind of hard. But, I am continuing the search and I know something will work out the way it needs to.

4 comments:

Adri said...

"Real" jobs are so over-rated. Trust me.

holly jo said...

i bet you already busted out the rice and beans. glad you are "back" although i still don't get to see you. call me. smells.

Bianca said...

Oh...you're right. What can I say, it's a fast meal.

veronica flores said...

So glad that you are back and enjoying the good old USA. My mom is leaving tomorrow to back to Miami. She was so cute with Mandy while she was here. I will also miss her foot massages at night and her amazing prayers but not so much all that garlic in her cooking.