Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back in the swing of things...

I am sorry that we have not posted anything cool as of late. Joe has seemed to misplace our camera I'm afraid, and so we haven't been able to post the great pictures we have from our anniversary/birthday trip to the outer banks. But, I'm hopeful that we will find it, and we will post those pictures as soon as possible.

As for now, we have not been really living the exciting life. Joseph's school schedule is really starting to kick in, and I am still on the job hunt but had an interview today, so that is good. I have have been babysitting on the side, making jewelry to sell at the local farmers market, and I have also been doing my music stuff as well. I actually wrote a new song just this week! So, although I don't have a "real" job, I've been keeping myself pretty busy. This week I will also be substituting for a teacher at where I did my internship, so we'll see how that goes. I've kind of always dreaded the thought of being a substitute teacher only because I remember how we used to feel about them when I was in middle school and high school...but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

Anyhow, that is where we are at right now. Here is a picture of some of the jewelry I've made using natural beads that we brought back from South America.

4 comments:

eric ballou said...

You have so many talents Bianca! That jewelry looks awesome and if I were in Richmond still I would be hitting that up for sure. I am soooo excited you have a new song and just want to say thank you for your music. Your songs are so inspirational, uplifting and positive. I always feel good when I'm listening to your cd and have shared it with my family members. You have a beautiful and unique voice and I love your lyrics too. Just thought I should tell you!

Nicole said...

That comment was from me not Eric...oops!

Nicole

Hilda said...

That necklace is awesome! Can I buy one? you seriously can do it all. Congrats on the new song. Can't wait to hear it.

veronica flores said...

Bianquita;
While I was in El Salvador I saw people making jewelry and I even signed up to take a class to learn how two make them but never made found the time to do it. I am so glad you figured out how to do that too. You amaze me!