Friday, August 20, 2010

August 20th


Although it may seem like a very trivial thing... I've decided after this birthday- the big 25- that a simple phone call on your birthday is really worth a lot more than one might think. Texting and Facebook messages take little to no effort. Granted, better to send that then nothing at all, but a phone call...the value in that simple act is almost unmeasurable. My resolve from here on out is to create a list of all my family and friends birthdays and to send them cards and/or call them on their birthday- not after, but on their birthday. Will I be able to do it? I hope so. I'm terrible at remembering birthdays. But it really means a lot when someone does, and it just requires a little extra effort.

Happy birthday me. (I'm off to a good start, at least I remembered my own birthday)

5 comments:

Cheri' said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was great. I'll send the kids birthdays because it still means a lot to them when someone actually calls them on their birthdays and especially if it was you and Joseph they would be thrilled! Hope you two and doing well and hope that our paths cross soon. The kids had a great time in Virginia. Thanks for making the trip to see them.

Cristi said...

I can't wait to see you guys next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this cake for your birthday AND your anniversary?? Rule number one: never combine your birthday with any other holiday. Let's celebrate when you come in to town!!!

Bianca said...

Yes, Cheri- please send me all your birthdays because I'm making a list! Thanks for your help!

veronica almeida said...

Love the cake combination of birthday and anniversary but they do not always have to come together. Make your anniversary extra special each time.

holly jo said...

wait a second. i live with you. in da bronx! la super tienda del bronx. vas conmigo. con cuidado. siempre en el bronx.