Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer 2010

Where have we been? I don't really know what to say. I kind of forgot that we had a blog, so I'm sorry for being lame and not posting anything. It almost feels like when you don't write in your journal for a long time, and you don't know if you should try to go back and recap everything, or if you should just start fresh.

Let me just briefly recap...In June, Naomi and I put on the "Harmony for Healing: Women Helping Women Through Music" benefit concert at Ashland Coffee and Tea. We had a good turnout, and had such a fun time at the show. Most importantly, we were able to reach our goal of raising $1,500 to donate to women in mental health! Here are some of the pictures my sister-in-law took of us at the show.

Thanks to Felix Stevens for being our Emcee for the night and being willing to play a song with us. And also a huge thanks to Jackie Frost, Libbie Dunton and Sheryl Warner for playing a set in the show. We couldn't have done it without the help of so many!


As for the rest of the Summer, Joseph and I have been working, sweating ridiculous amounts in this New York heat, enjoying youth camps, going to the beach, long boarding, going for late night Carvel ice-cream runs, going to concerts and shows, going on short road trips, and that mostly sums it up. Pretty soon we will be visiting family out West once again which we are both excited about. So I'll be sure to post pictures of this sooner than my previous posts.








Summer to be continued...

No comments: