Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What happens to Richmond when it snows??

So what do you think happens to Richmond when it snows 6-8 inches??? It is beautiful at first as you can see above.

Then later on after it begins to pour down thick- things start to happen. As you can see above- the wiring in Richmond needs some help. This is a picture of our back yard. I'm pretty sure that the pole you see is not supposed to be leaning. Anyhow, the result is what you will see below...



Huge explosions and power outages all over the city. What would be considered a light flurry in Salt Lake practically puts the entire city of Richmond to a halt. Gotta love Richmond!


6 comments:

Cristi said...

No way! That's Crazy!

Hilda said...

That's crazy. It's funny to think that something we're so used to in SLC is something so out of the ordinary in other places. Hope you didn't lose your power for too long.

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh! I actually wish there was snow here! It looks beautiful! haha. Welcome to the Virginia where they are never prepared for snow! I loved it when we first moved there and got a snow day every time it snowed like 1/2 inch!

andrea said...

what are the merkley summer plans?

Annie W. said...

Hello! I went to the 4th ward today to hear my little sister talk and your mom was also a speaker! She gave one of the greatest talks I have ever heard. It was all about service. She told lots of interesting stories. She also talked about each one of her daughters. I loved a story she told about you singing to a little boy with HIV in an orphange. I really liked it! Hope all is well with you.
Love, Annie

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures! And so true about the snow. Seems like they close schools here anytime we see ice. I was lucky to get one snow day a year...maybe!
We really want to see you guys again, we are planning on coming back to Virginia for the reception. We'll be counting the days :)