Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Halloween!

This year was similar to last year in that we hadn't decided on a costume until literally right before the Halloween party we went to. I had gone to the dollar store and to Target in search of something cheep and yet amusing. Nothing was to be found except $50 costumes on the shelf that were quite ridiculous for the price. And the dollar store- there are no costumes for a dollar even though I had hoped I might find some awesome make-shift costume for a buck or two. They did have fake leaves for sale at Kroger however, so I thought I'd create something...I thought I could pin those leaves to me and I'd dress in all brown and be...you guessed it....a tree. So I bought my leaves and safety pins and headed home. Little to my surprise, Joe was not impressed with my creative contraption- and he decided to look on line for something better.

5 minutes before our party he found something that was better than my tree idea- hard to believe, I know- but we ended up being "Mavericks" for the night.


And his school buddies especially loved it being that only 3 out of 200 students are republican. :)


Before the Brand School party, we went to a dinner party with some friends from church. We had delicious soups and bread, watched some old school scary movies and had the "best costume" competition. I can't believe we didn't win. Just kidding, we only spent 10 minutes on our costume, so we definitely don't deserve best costume. But none the less, it was still a good time. We did have a happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Adri said...

I like the tree idea better. Tell joe he needs to learn a thing or two about "innovative thinking" and "hands on" creativity. Isnt he in design school?

holly jo said...

a tree? what about when you were "the night sky"? it is okay to be something not naturish every now and then. way to be a maverick. did the two of you just get in there and maverick everything up? hope so.

Rory and Courtney Duckworth said...

Nice costumes!!! Its Rory I was so excited when I saw you guys have a blog. Its not fun having a spouse in grad school? They study too much!

Kimberly said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I like your costumes. Next time you are in town, we should get together:)

bradley said...

My friends...happy halloween...my friends...

Jabs and Cecil said...

B Hello! I haven't talked to you in so long. Just checked out your blog and it made me miss you and joe! Are you guys going to be in SLC around christmas? We should try to get together if there is a time when we are both in town.